Have you ever kept a collection of things in a scrapbook or on even on the door of your fridge?
Pinterest is like the online version of that. Want to learn about what Pinterest is and how does it word?
You have come to the right place. In this article, I will tell you what exactly is Pinterest is and show you how it works. So let’s get started.
What Is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a website that helps you to find and organize pictures, ideas and other interesting things.
There are a series of user-created categories of “boards” and the series of bookmark they called “pins”.
Pinterest pins can include photos, videos, drawings, animations, internet links and more. There are tons of different topics of boards on Pinterest. So, you should have to find something which interests you.
Why Use Pinterest?
There are loads of reasons people like to use Pinterest. You can use it to show things you like, to find inspiration for art and decorating, to find a new recipe to try or to discover travel destinations.
Some people use Pinterest to find things to make them laugh and businesses can even use Pinterest to advertise and promote themselves to potential customers.
How Does Pinterest Work?
I will tell you the simple 4 steps of using Pinterest
- First, you would need to signup for the Pinterest account. It’s fast easy and free.
- Step 2 is to create your own custom boards. You can create one for any category of pins to keep and organize. For example, you can have a board for “Recipes“, one for “Outfit ideas” and one for “Home Decor Inspiration“.
- Step 3 is to add pins to the board you have created. You can pin things to other users have already added to Pinterest or create new pins of your own using files from your computer. Lots of websites also have a built-in function to allow you to save things from their site to one of your Pinterest boards So you can save them for later.
- The last step using Pinterest is to connect with your friends and family by linking your Pinterest to your other social media accounts. Like Facebook and Twitter. This will allow you to share pins with your friends and collaborate on boards together.
How Safe is Pinterest?
Most people use Pinterest honestly.
There are some people who are not who they say are not on Pinterest. These people sometimes trick others into revealing personal information with fake giveaways or contests. Others may try to sabotage your account by requesting to collaborate on boards. These scams are easy to avoid using critical thinking and common sense. Here are a few safety tips for using Pinterest.
Pinterest Safety Tips
- Use common sense on looking at pins. if something seems too good to be true.
- Only collaborate on boards with people you know and trust.
- If you do not want people to see your content, put it on a secret board, or do not post it at all.
- Adjust your privacy settings to limit how much information is visible to others. Or simply if you are concern about your privacy I would recommend you to delete your Pinterest account. To delete Pinterest account you can read the article How to delete Pinterest account.
Review On Pinterest
Pinterest is one of the best social media to use and share your content or ideas. Overall, I would give Pinterest 9 out of 10 because of it free to use and keeps your online life organized. However, Pinterest is not perfect like other social media sites Pinterest has a few privacy issues. You can avoid these problems with a bit of common sense.
That is why Pinterest is an awesome tool for finding and organizing interesting thing which you can save them for later. It is easy to use and 100 % free.