This Netgear Genie Smart Setup is enclosed with step by step instructions that you need to follow. Let’s have a detailed look about it:
- Firstly, place your range extender nearby to your WiFi router. However, you can move to its new location after completion of the installation process.
- Then, plug your range extender with an electrical outlet and wait till the device’s Status LED turns into green color.
- After that, click on the Network icon in the taskbar on your system and select “Netgear_Ext” from the available list of WiFi Networks that is required to set up the connection.
- Launch a new web browser window for the Netgear Genie Smart Setup page. Choose your WiFi network and click on the Continue button.
- Enter the network’s password in the Passphrase box and click on the Continue button.
- Now, type a new name for your WiFi range extender network in the “2.4 GHz Network Name (SSID)” box and click on the Continue button.
- Tick the checkbox “Use the Same Security Mode” to relate the security settings so that your current WiFi network uses to your Extender’s WiFi network
- Click on another checkbox “My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network” and click on the Continue button.
- Unplug your range extender from the power source and move the device to a location where you will get a frail wireless signal from your original WiFi network.
- Again, connect your range extender to a power source and wait until the Status LED light converts into the green light.
If still, you face an issue, you can CHAT with our executives for help or call us at our toll-free Number or on Live Chat.