In this blog, we will provide the steps on ‘How to reconnect the extender to the home Wi-Fi’ after reset or any other issue. The extender must be connected to the router once before reconnecting it so that it can obtain a valid IP address.
Steps for reconnecting the Netgear are:
- Connect the Range extender to the computer using Ethernet wire.
- Open a web browser on the computer.
- Enter the right URL address in the webspace provided. Enter mywifiext. Net.
- You will find the login page after pressing ‘Enter’ from the keyboard.
- Enter the username and password you entered earlier during the setup. If you have not changed the default mywifiext login username and password, then it can be checked from the product label. Enter the password carefully as a single mistake may result in login failure.
- If you don’t know the password you entered earlier, then reset it by pressing on the corresponding link from the screen. For resetting the password, you will have to contact Netgear experts.
- Tap login, if the credentials entered are correct.
- Go to ‘Wireless settings’ from mywifiext Setup.
- Under security options, enter the password in the ‘Network field’ to match with the router password.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- Start connecting all the Wi-Fi devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops the wireless extender with the previous SSID and password. Everything will start working normally.
How to reconnect to the network through Wi-Fi: We are now going to share the steps to reconnect the extender to the home network wirelessly. If you don’t have a computer or an Ethernet cable with you, follow this procedure.
- Press the factory settings button from the hardware and keep it pressed for 7 seconds.
- The range extender will reset.
- Open the mobile device menu and go to ‘Wireless’ option. Click on extender default SSID network.
- Open a web browser from the connected device and go to www.mywifiext.net link.
- Press the ‘Enter’ or Go button from the smartphone.
- You will find the login screen the same as that of computer screen. Enter the username and password.
- The default mywifiext username and password are ‘Admin’ and ‘Password’. If it is not working, then you might have changed during the initial setup. Both the username and password are in upper-case letters.
- Tap ‘Log in’.
- Read on-screen instructions to reconnect the extender to the home Wi-Fi network.
- If you have enabled WEP security on the extender, then enter the SSID and password after you get the message on screen.
- Start connecting the devices with the extender and check if the webpages are opening or not.
If the web pages started opening properly, then it means you have successfully reconnected the extender to the home network. In case, you don’t get success, there is nothing to get disappointed you can contact the Netgear extender experts who know each and everything about the extender. They will solve the problem in a most concise and efficient manner.