Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market: Introduction
- Rise in global pollution levels have caused the pediatric population to be highly susceptible to a number of respiratory ailments. Pediatric respiratory disorders and symptoms include aerodigestive disorders (recurrent aspiration), asthma, chronic cough, and congenital abnormalities of airway & lung development including tracheobronchomalacia, cystic fibrosis, bronchopulmonary dysplasia (chronic lung disease), primary ciliary dyskinesia, recurrent respiratory infections & pneumonia, respiratory failure & ventilator dependency, sleep-apnea, and wheezing.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of respiratory disorders, changing lifestyle habits, progressive increase in obese pediatric population, and surge in awareness about pediatric care are anticipated to increase expenditure on pediatric respiratory disease treatment
- Allergic rhinitis is the most common form of non-infectious rhinitis. According to the International Study on Asthma and Allergies in Childhood (ISAAC), prevalence of rhinitis varies between 0.8% and 14.9% in six to seven-year old children and between 1.4% and 39.7% in 13 to 14-year old children. Countries with a very low prevalence include Indonesia, Albania, Romania, Georgia, and Greece. Countries with a very high prevalence include Australia, New Zealand, and the U.K.
- Government and non-government organizations focus on campaigns to increase awareness about pediatric health. Several associations and foundations are playing an active role in spreading awareness about various pediatric conditions such as short bowel syndrome, neuroblastoma, leukemia, cancer palliative care, respiratory diseases care, mental health, and neonatal care.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), the Child Health and Development Institute (CHDI), the World Child Cancer, the Indian Cancer Society, and others are engaged in creating awareness among people about pediatric disorders
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive “Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market” Brochure @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=75423
Asthma Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be segmented based on drug class, disease type, distribution channel, and region
- In terms of drug class, the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be divided into anti-inflammatory drugs, bronchodilators, combination drugs, corticosteroid, monoclonal antibodies, and others. The combination drugs segment is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period due to proven efficacy of these drugs in maintaining these conditions and promising pipeline of upcoming drugs in the segment.
- Based on disease type, the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be classified into asthma, cystic fibrosis, bronchiolitis, pneumonia, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, tuberculosis, and others. According to recent global statistics by the Global Asthma Network, nearly 334 million people across the world are affected by asthma. Among them, 14% are children and 8.6% are young adults (aged between 18 and 45 years). Prevalence is higher in developed countries than developing ones.
- In terms of distribution channel, the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be classified into hospitals & clinics, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies
Asia Pacific to Offer Lucrative Opportunities in Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market
- The global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for pediatric respiratory disease treatment due to strong emphasis on health care development and high health care expenditure.
- Asia Pacific is also anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities in the pediatric respiratory disease treatment market. This can be attributed to high patient population, rise in awareness about pediatric care, and increase in focus of public & private organizations in preventing respiratory disorders in the developing countries.
Pre Book “Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market” Research Report @ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=75423<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Pediatric Respiratory Disease Treatment Market
Leading players in the global pediatric respiratory disease treatment market are:
- AstraZeneca plc
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals