The Netgear Orbi is mainly designed for its easy setup and customizes a particular Orbi WiFi system according to your needs. You can easily manage your remote access on your Orbi router by using the Orbi Application. With the help of this app, you can quickly install the mesh system in just a couple of steps. After it, you are free to use its intuitive dashboard from anywhere like office, car or home. You can pause the Internet service on the connected devices in order to use its dashboard remotely. You can also take the internet speed test and then setup smart parental controls. Moreover, remote network management is just one click away.
How to Setup Orbi Remote Management
The Orbi remote management setup follows some important steps to complete that are the following:
- To begin with, launch the web browser from your mobile or computer device that is connected to your router’s network.
- Then type the web address http://www.routerlogin.net in it and it shows the login window on your screen
- Now, fill the login credentials in the prescribed boxes: username as admin and password as the password. The username and password must be case-sensitive.
- After this, it displays the BASIC Home Page on the screen.
- In this page, click on the ADVANCED bar and it shows the drop-down list. From it select Advanced Setup and then select Remote Management option. It shows the Remote Management page.
- Now, select the checkbox Turn Remote Management On.
- In the Allow Remote Access By section, define the external IP addresses that require managing the router remotely in the proper manner. Choose one of the following:
- IP Address Range that allows you to access from a range of IP addresses on the Internet. Just enter the beginning IP address and ending IP address to specify the allowed page
- Only This Computer that allows you to access from a single IP address on the Internet. Only enter the IP address.
- Everyone option allows you to access from any IP address that is available on the Internet.
- Determine the port number for accessing the web management interface because of its security purpose. By default, it uses the standard service port 80. So, enter a custom port number of remote web management interface and select the port number from 1024 to 65535 but you don’t have to use the number of any common service port.
- Finally, click on the Apply button and save your settings permanently.
If still, you face an issue, you can CHAT with our executives for help or call us at our toll-free Number or on Live Chat.