Gathering solid and positive online reviews, such as those published by Amazon, Yelp, and TripAdvisor has become one of the most important goals of any online marketing strategy nowadays. And surprisingly or not, people tend to enjoy writing their opinions on services as the mentioned above, even though they won’t earn a cent for it.
When you put these two things together, you will have a result that will influence SEO and sales growth, with both Google and clients looking forward to hearing what previous customers have to say about online businesses and their products or services. And how online reviews have become to play such an important part of online marketing you will understand the topics below.
How online reviews impact on your SEO strategy
Online reviews are followed closely by SEO experts. And here are the reasons and most important facts about it, according to Jason Demers:
- Google algorithm takes online reviews into consideration directly – actually, according to MOZ’s Local Search Ranking Factors Survey, online reviews could be responsible for around 10% of how Google rank search results;
- When someone is searching for a local business, Google Search will use customer rankings to display the top three in your area.
- It is possible that the business’s reviews page on a third-party directory might rank higher than its own website;
- The business’s ranking might as well be displayed in Google Search results, so customers will know how you are doing in terms of online reviews straight away;
- Google+ reviews have higher weight than other search engines ranking on Google Search, as expected;
- Yelp, Foursquare, Citysearch, and YP are among the most important review sites from an SEO point of view nowadays;
- Mobile searches are taken more strongly into consideration than desktop searches.
It is probably needless to continue to explain why you should consider your online reviews if you want to get the best from your SEO strategy. They will make you look good at Google Search’s eyes, increasing your chances to show up in its first results when your customer searches for a product or service just like yours.
How online reviews is going to influence your sales growth
Customers read reviews before making decisions
This should be reason enough for you to consider your online reviews as crucial to your business. Customers do actually search for reviews and take them into consideration before making up their minds about buying a new product – according to a survey conducted by BrightLocal, 73% of people interviewed said that positive customer reviews make them trust in a business more.
They might even spend more time reading reviews than your so carefully written description. And this is because people tend to consider a peer opinion as more reliable compared to the owner’s opinion, which is more likely to be biased.
In other words, products and services with better reviews will attract more clients and enjoy sales growth as a consequence. On the other hand, those having to deal with a large number of complaints, especially if they are fair and make sense, won’t make money online, and will see their customers running away on a daily basis.
The bottom line
It is probably clear now that online reviews can have an impact on your SEO results and sales growth for good and for bad. Customers love them and so do search engines. They bring credibility and reliability to your business without you having to say a word about it.
So do your best to search and register for the main review sites of your industry. Also, encourage your clients to write reviews about your business on them – hopefully, they will be positive!
But when facing a bad review, make sure that you will answer them accordingly, so even if someone read it, they will be able to hear your side of the story at the same time. And the truth is that products with only positive reviews aren’t the most trusted neither, so don’t lose your sleep over a couple of bad ones.