QuickBooks, undoubtedly is the most popular accounting software, with various benefits associated with it. You might have wondered at times, how Cloud hosted QuickBooks works? Here, we will explain it thoroughly, so that all the queries related to this get resolved. QuickBooks on the Cloud means the configuration and set up of the desktop version of the QuickBooks on remote servers, hosted on the web. It enables the users to access the QuickBooks software and data without any hassle securely.
What Is The Functioning Of Cloud Hosted QuickBooks?
Initially, QuickBooks was installed on a local system, and thus the users can access it from there only. Hosting QuickBooks on a server introduced the option of accessing the software from anywhere via a stable internet connection.
Here, we will explain the processing of QuickBooks on the Cloud. QB Cloud relies on the Remote Desktop Protocol. Hence its features and functionalities remain similar to QuickBooks desktop.
Generally, the third-party cloud servers host the QuickBooks software. The QB version can be of your own choice: Pro, Premier, Enterprise or Accountant.
- In the beginning, one needs to pay a small amount to the service provider. It depends on factors such as the number of users, resources of the servers, and more.
- To access QuickBooks, you need to have the login credentials. You can access QuickBooks either by using a remote access tool or a web browser on the local system.
- You must have a fast and stable internet connection to access QuickBooks in real-time via any internet-enabled device.
Once you have done the prerequisites, you need to move further and follow the steps mentioned for accessing the QuickBooks Software on the Cloud.
What Are The Steps To Work On Cloud QuickBooks?
Step 1: Open Remote Desktop Connection
- To begin, you need to double click on the Remote Desktop Connection desktop shortcut.
Step 2: Enter the login credentials
- A dialog box opens with the username provided by the setup wizard.
- Add your password and click OK.
- Once the connection process completes, you will be directed to the cloud server.
Step 3: Open QuickBooks
- Now, open QuickBooks by double-clicking on the shortcut icon present on your desktop.
Step 4: Open an existing company file
- Here, Click on Open or restore an existing company file.
- Then, select the file and click Open.
That is all that you need to do. Now, you can begin working on the accounting files available for your business with Cloud Hosted QuickBooks. For your convenience, the shortcut of the company file is always kept on the desktop. While running the remote connection, you may minimize or close QuickBooks as per your comfort.
You may sign out from the desktop shortcut, whenever you want to shut the remote connection. Else, you may also click the start button and log off from there. This is how QuickBooks functions on the Cloud.
While, all this happens when a third-party service hosts QuickBooks on a cloud server, but what happens when we select QuickBooks Online? Let’s concisely discuss that.
How Does QuickBooks Online Functions?
QuickBooks Online has tried its utmost to replicate the functionalities of the desktop version of QuickBooks. Still, it holds several limitations when compared to it. When you consider the advantages that QuickBooks Cloud Hosting services offer like multiple device compatibility, remote accessibility, etc. are available in this version as well. But, when it comes to the user interface and features of QuickBooks Online, it is different from the desktop version. So, the users who are adapted to the functioning of QuickBooks Desktop are not likely to prefer QuickBooks Online but will surely opt for the affordable QuickBooks hosting services for sure.
Cloud Hosted QuickBooks, apart from assisting in flourishing your business, will also guarantee the latest advancements to your service. With the utilization of QuickBooks on the Cloud, you will know that there is no need for in-depth knowledge of accounting to understand the working of QuickBooks. It is one of the reasons why the QuickBooks Hosting software has ruled the accounting industry among the small and medium-sized businesses.